Hotel Eagles Nest McLeodganj Dharamshala
Eagles Nest, Dharamshala Set in 2 square kilometres of cedar, oak and rhododendron in the splendid Himalayan foothills (6,808ft/2,042m), overlooking the Kangra and Kullu Valleys and the temple of the Dalai Lama amidst his community in exile from Tibet. This unusual and beautiful corner of India has the snowcapped Dhauladhar mountain range as its spectacular backdrop - providing stunning views from our garden.
Eagle's Nest is an ideal spot for centre-based trekking, horse-riding, walking, bird-watching and visiting local sights, or as a base from which to attend the many local ashrams, yoga/meditation classes, or as a retreat.
The Hotel is an accumulation of the surrounding influences; each apartment is individually decorated: Moghal, Tibetan, Himachali, Kashmiri. All with en-suite marble bathrooms and verandahs with mountain views.
- We have our own spring water.
- We are well known for our high standards of international vegetarian cuisine. All our food is fresh and homecooked.
- The House manager is on hand during the day to arrange laundry, or snacks/ drinks.
EAGLE'S NEST - wildlife and animals Our land is one of the few places in the world where you may see wild leopards. There is no road near and few people other than local villagers, so many wild animals and birds inhabit this unspoilt environment. There are also bears, langur monkeys, deer, pine martens, porcupines, flying squirrels; and many eagles, lammergeier, khaleej pheasants, scarlet minivets and other beautiful birds. We arrange special guided bird watching tours. We have our own horses, they're great for children too.
- All our water is harvested from rainfall, and we have a Spring for pure drinking water.
- We have solar-power for hot water.
- We grow herbs and salad, milk is from staff families’ cows and buffalo and we make curd, cheese, jams, marmalade, relishes, chutneys, and cook local organic produce.
- All our waste is separated for compost, animal feed, paper & wood for our modern fire stoves in the guest rooms, glass, etc., for re-cycling.
- We are involved with the Himalayan Nature Society and encourage guests to be involved where possible, with a local dog clinic and animal sancuary, and school education programmes
|Rooms Category||Rack Rate|
|Craven Cott||INR 10,000|
|Note: Rates are valid Till 31st March 2014|
|Inclusion: All meals, Snacks, Teas, Fresh Coffee, Our Own Spring Water, Porters, Guides For Walks & Treks, Horse-Riding, Badminton, Table Tennis, DVDS, Games And Library.|
Mcleodganj Hotels List
- Heritage/4 Star Hotels in Mcleodganj
- 3 Star Hotels in Mcleodganj
- 2 Star Hotels in Mcleodganj
- Budget Hotels in Mcleodganj